Saturday, January 8, 2011

Is It True What They Say About Texas?

Leaving Little Rock I headed southwest to Dallas through Texarkana, the area where Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana meet.  Arriving after sunset I was awed by the vibrant skyline and massive buildings.  Heading north to the suburb of Plano, I began to notice that it is true what they say, “everything is bigger in Texas”.  Along the highway I saw a sign that summed it up; it said “The Dallas Fort Worth airport in larger than the island of Manhattan”.  

The next day I headed down to Dallas to meet up with a friend from grade school.  Living in Uptown Dallas he was the perfect tour guide.  We went to the area where JFK was shot and killed.  Just as with the high school of the Little Rock Nine, it was surreal to be standing where such tragic and historical event happened.   
Driving through Turtle Creek, an upscale neighborhood, we headed over to Hacienda, a dog friendly tex-mex restaurant.  I loved it!  They brought Taco a bowl of water and he was able to sit with us at the table.  After a few happy hour drinks, some tortilla soup, and good conversation I was ready for a good night’s sleep in preparation for tomorrow’s adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment