Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Eve on The Road

On the last day of 2010 I left Ohio for Los Angeles.  Along the way I met up with my pseudo brother and his kids in Indianapolis and then headed on my way.  A little over 4 hours on the road I ran into a storm that was responsible for multiple tornadoes in Arkansas and Missouri.  Deciding to play it safe I pulled over and found a hotel in Effingham, Illinois.  The "crossroads of the Midwest" it was the perfect resting place.

After relaxing in the hot tub and treating myself to a nice dinner I struggled to keep my eyes open at only 10 pm (central time).  Luckily I was able to amuse myself with the banter between Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper (whom I have a crush on), until the ball dropped in NYC.  Responding to a few text messages I was happy to close my eyes and get a full nights sleep.

Getting a restful nights sleep I had to make a choice, do I drive through tornado hit Missouri or Arkansas.  After posting my dilemma on Facebook and checking the weather my choice was made Arkansas it was.

As I headed south on I-57 S I saw this beautiful sky.  How perfect for the New Year.  Say goodbye to the storms and welcome to blue skies, 2011 is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment